Sunday, August 29, 2010

No Excuses, I Know! PLUS Fun Family News

You may not believe me but I really do LOVE blogging.  In fact, I see the world through different eyes now, that of a blogger . . .  I am sure that most of you understand what I mean by this comment.  I used to wonder what in the world I could share that would be of interest.  But with so many fun adventures and great everyday stuff happening (that I used to see as boring but realize that these adventures are my life), I get so excited as I contemplate what I want to share with the few people whom I've invited to read this blog.  And excited for the new addition to the photo journal that I've finally printed out a few months ago and put into a binder.  I love reading back on these blogs.  I've always loved to write in my journal, and have done reasonably well at over the years, but this photo journal is such a wonderful way to remember and share my life with those I love.

So, I recognize that I have no excuses whatsoever with being so far behind.  I was talking to Brittany today and also reading Trina and Tiffany's blogs.  All of them have one thing in common, which is a lack of time to blog or not feeling well enough to blog.  Why is that?  Well, two are pregnant and one has a tiny baby.  Do I have an excuse?  No, since I'm not pregnant, don't have a newborn, and face it, I don't even have a job . . . yet.  In theory, I should have tons of time.  Yeah, right!  HA!

On that note, I'm so excited to announce that Brittany is pregnant with baby number three, due next February.  (Grandbaby number 6, hallelujah!)  With Maya turning four on Wednesday and Jasper a little over two, the time is right for her to add her third child.  Here are a couple of pictures of my sweet Ohio grandbabies who will be moving to Los Alamos, New Mexico in October since John just received a job at Los Alamos National Laboratory as a post-doctoral engineering student.

Here's Maya as she started preschool last week in Ohio:


Here is Maya preparing for Spirit Day, with Jasper looking on.  Of course, Maya is wearing her Virginia Tech Hokies shirt!


And here is sweet Jasper, who until recently had long and unruly yet adorable locks, posing after his first hair cut.

As with her prior two babies, Brittany is very sick in the early stages of her pregnancy.  And Trina, Sharyn's oldest daughter who is like a daughter to me, is also pregnant, due on March 17th, St. Patrick's Day!  So these two special girls who are both currently 30 and spent some time together during summers when they were young will both have their third babies within a month of each other.  HEAVEN!  : )

I will repent and do my best to catch up, if such a thing is possible.  As I look at my list of blogs, I see so many that I named months ago so I wouldn't forget, but yet are getting rather old now as they weren't ever completed, or even started.  UGH.  So I won't go back and try to finish those (which is hard thing for me to decide).  Instead I'll focus on the fun things happening recently with Christopher, birding, Champ, vacations, trees, my new home, family and friends.  More coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting me at 30...I'll take it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! So excited about Brittany! Love your blog Nita! Finally starting to feel a little better. I'll be getting back on my blogging horse here soon with the first day of school :-) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Britt, just seeing if you noticed! HA! In truth, though, I subtracted but my mind wanted to remember last year's 30th birthday and forget that you had one a few months ago. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete