Monday, July 5, 2010

Spectacular Fireworks Surprise - 2010

Happy 4th of July to my family and friends
I'm so thankful to live in such a wonderful country, where we have so many freedoms. And I'm thankful for all those who serve in the armed forces to protect our country.  And lastly, I'm thankful for a Dad who lied when he was 16 so he could serve in WW2, then served in Korea and three tours in Vietnam to help protect our great nation.

Our great country is 234 years old today.
Isn't this a great patriotic picture?

So tonight, after having gone on a nice bike ride with my sweet puppy riding in his basket up front, I made the decision to NOT go see the fireworks and set the TV to record the Macy's fireworks special instead.  I was in my office a few minutes later and heard the sound of fireworks going off.  I looked out my window and was shocked to be witnessing a spectacular view of the fireworks!

I grabbed my camera and ran out to my 2nd floor balcony and watched the show.  In my jammies.  No fuss, no traffic, no hassle.  Spontaneous and just so fun.  I couldn't believe I got such a perfect seat.  I took a bunch of pictures, trying to adjust my camera setting. None of them are great but they represent my fun Independence Day surprise. 


 

And since I was zooming from my balcony to the fireworks show in front of me, it looked like I was shooting through the trees, but the trees were actually to the left side.  I love the silhouette of the leaves with the lights and color of the fireworks behind.  Cool!


 
And here's the final shot I got from my balcony after I figured out my camera settings.

Just kidding!

1 comment:

  1. nice pics-i can never seem to get a good shot of the fireworks. each year i try though...

    ReplyDelete