Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fun With Angels

How many people can say they had fun with angels recently?  Well, Christopher, who is an angel to me, and I had this experience on Friday, July 30th when we went to Mormon Night at the Anaheim Angels Stadium and had so much fun together. 

It's nice because the Angels Stadium is only about 30 minutes from my home. We have always loved going to baseball games and this was our first for the season (and unfortunately our last). My how fast the summer went!

The first inning, however, was excruciatingly painful.  The Texas Rangers got 5 hits and scored 3 runs.  Christopher turned to me and said in a very matter of fact sort of way, "I think this is going to be a very long game". HA!  It appeared so true.  The second inning was likewise difficult until the Angels got 4 runs.  We could hold our heads up at this point! 
Luckily the Angels continued their rebound in the 4th inning with a score of 8-7 and then stayed ahead the rest of the game and won by a score of 9-7. Winning always makes the game more fun, don't you think?  : )
                         1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9      Runs       Hits    Errors
 
          TEX        3  2  1  1  0  0  0  0  0         7           12         1
          LAA       0  4  0  4  0  1  0  0  X         9           10         1

After the game, there was a fireworks display which is a tradition on Friday nights.  It may seem like I see a lot of firework by my blog posts, but this really isn't the case.  But the month of July certainly had a lot with July 4th and this Angels game, which was fun.

Little did I know as we were walking out of the stadium with a throng of happy Angels' fans, that it would take a lot of


for us to find our car.  We walked around for what seemed like hours because we couldn't Sweetpea, my old and very loved Honda Odyssey van. We walked and walked and walked while watching the stadium get more and more empty. 
We later realized that we walked out the wrong exit. After about 30 minutes, we did find my van and we were so thankful.

2 comments:

  1. yeah, baseball! Sadly, we didn't make it to a single game this year and this was probably our last shot for a few years. I'm glad at least someone got a game in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all things baseball, as you well know, and am disappointed we only got one game in. But the one game was truly fun so I'm thankful. I have such fun memories of taking you and Jaime to baseball games in many different states over the years. My how time flies! : )

    ReplyDelete