Sunday, April 3, 2011

Fun-tastic Time With Our Newest Angel

Last month was a really special time for me because I flew to New Mexico to help Brittany after her c-section and meet my newest grandbaby, Sadie Mae, born February 6th in Los Alamos, NM where Brittany and John had moved a few months ago with John's new job.  Sadie weighed 8 lbs, 4 oz and was 19 inches long. 



And here is Sadie when I met her. And yes, you can tell that Grandma Nita dressed her each day since she was always pretty in pink!  Anyone wanting a hundred more pictures, just email me! : )




It was such a blessing to meet Sadie while she was such a tiny infant.  It was the earliest I have been able to meet any of my now SIX grandkids.  She only weighed about eight pounds and  was so light and tiny.  I didn't want to let go of her!   Here's a picture from the first time I held her.  Heaven.


I am always so amazed to behold the tiny perfectness of new babies.  How could anyone believe that we all descended as a result of a big bang or doubt that we have a Heavenly Father who created us in his image?  The tiny perfect body with intricate working organs and such tiny hands, feets, fingers and toes are especially amazing to behold.  So perfect in every way.



Neither of my boys were adopted as infants (Cory was 8 months old and Christopher was 3.5 years of age), so they were much larger and I never got to experience this miracle of new birth.   While I had always thought it would be hard to care for a newborn, I discovered it wasn't as difficult as I had thought (although admittedly I wasn't up with her during the night!).  There just aren't words to describe my joy at meeting Sadie so soon after she left heaven.

Sadie was welcomed by her two siblings, Maya and Jasper.  Isn't this the cutest picture?

    
Brittany needed to supplement her breast feeding with one bottle a day, so I was the lucky grandma to get to feed her. What a special joy that was!  And Maya loved to be part of the bonding moments also!



It was wonderful being in New Mexico when Sadie was given a name and a blessing, which just happened to be on Christopher's 17th birthday.  John did such an unbelievable job on it as her Dad.  I have always loved attending baby blessings, but his blessing was truly one of the nicest I have ever heard.  I've always written down the blessings for my friends, and then typed them up, but this is the first time I wrote one up for one of my own grandkids.  Sadie wore Maya's blessing dress along with the new white satin shoes and headband I bought her so she would have something of her own from her blessing day.  And she truly looked like a little angel!


Here are some family pictures from Sadie's blessing day.  John and Brittany are so cute together.  John is always complimenting Brittany; I was amazed at many times each day he recognized all she does for their family.  A girl could get spoiled with such praise!  I love this picture of him giving her a kiss:

And here is the proud Grandma Nita with Brittany and our new bundle of joy:



I looked and looked for this cute little onesie for Sadie to wear.  It wasn't as easy to find one with "I Love My Grandma" as you might think!


And here we are right before I left for the airport to go home.  It was so hard to leave her but I loved the little smile of love and encouragement she gave me  . . .


I'm so thankful to have spent time with Brittany, John and their sweet family. The time went very quickly but was very fun and memorable. Can't wait to go back to see them all. 


See the next posting for details of my fun week with all three grandkids!    : )

5 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you got to be out there first-but so grateful you could lend her a hand when I know she needed it. Maya looked so old in that pic of the three of you in front of the bookcase. I guess she CAN go to KG next year with Sawyer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet and precious time for you Nita!! I'm so happy that you were able to go and be with them and enjoy being a Grandma! Such sweet pictures! Thanks for sharing! I'm looking forward to the next set of pictures and stories!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful, precious little girl . . . You RADIATE your joy and contentment, Nita . . . Loved reading this and seeing the photos! Thanks for sharing!!! =o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!! Sadie is adorable!!! I'm so glad you got to go be with all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO SWEET! What a gorgeous baby girl! And you are looking beautiful Nita! Aw, I love it. So much happiness and love felt through this blog. I'm so happy for you! Love dearly, Katie

    ReplyDelete