Thursday, April 22, 2010

2010 Brings Many Changes

Well, one thing we all know for certain is that life is constantly changing in many ways.  There are always many new challenges, opportunities and paths for each of us.

After 24 plus years of marriage, Chris and I decided to part ways and are getting divorced. It has been a hard decision and one that wasn't entered into without a lot of contemplation and prayer. We remain very friendly, talk often and are committed to jointly raising our kids. Cory, age 17, and Christopher, age 16, have stayed with Chris in our nice Corona home where have lived for 11 years.  With such a big change, I wanted them to have consistency with their home, bedrooms, school, friends, big yard and outdoor Golden Retriever puppies. Plus it is always good for teenage boys to be with their Dad. 

I moved on January 4th, 2010, about 10 minutes east of our Corona home to a great newer apartment community in Riverside.  More on this in a future blog.  I hired a professional moving service for the large items and furniture and had great support from my church friends with transporting the smaller items.

Chris and I are both still unemployed and while this has been tough, it wasn't a factor in our divorce. The economy is still pretty bad here in Southern California. Hopefully early 2010 will find us both with new jobs.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, employment would be good for both of you. Here's to 2010, eh? The bike ride looked like a lot of fun too.

    ReplyDelete